Thursday, October 15, 2009

Worship of our God

Worship to God I believe is the most fulfilling experience as a servant of the Lord. When you enter into worship you are a temple of the Lord. A living vessel of the holy spirit. Worship seperates us from the beast and fowl. We can be temples of the Living God and enter into the holiest temple in the spirit as we worship. When the temple veil ripped as christ died. This gave us access as humanity to the Holiest of Holy's through Jesus Christ who died for us and rose again . He became the high priest forever . We could then worship without being in the temple. Our sins were covered in the blood of the Lamb. When we worship God we bow down our own dominion to worship the Father. Jesus said to worship the Father. In the apocryphal gospel of the savior there are a few words about worship to the father. The gospel was partially destroyed I believe from a fire. Song isnt the only way we worship. We can worship in dance and with music. In actuallity we can worship God with our words with our actions without actually singing. Music instruments our mind and heart like temples of the Lord instrumenting worship to the creator. By doing so we stop singing of our own works and our own body's image. We instrument praise of God the father instead of our own world and its gods or powers. We give God dominion over our hearts and he empowers us to lift praises up to his throne like his children singing of his kingdom and his Holy Name which is the Name above all names. I know there are lots of controversial modern commotions about the new praise music being sung. Hip hop has even entered the praise circuits. However Worship to the Lord should never have to do with our cultures here on earth. The kingdom of the Lord isnt of a culture of this world. Thats like worshipping our culture not God. Its hard to judge if thats peoples choice of music. Gods ways are higher than mans. I prefer folk music over pentecostal worship or contemporary praise. However I worship God with electric guitar playing some pretty heavy metal kind of music. We just have to let Jesus teach us how to worship. Worship isnt just for old people but its not just for kids either. We worship not really for ourselves to be served . Its so we can give thanks to God and stop what we are doing for ourselves to be Gods child and his creation. To give up what we do for ourselves and sing about God to God and For God to be exalted and lifted up in our lives. To give God dominion in our lives freely surrendering our soul to worship his mysterious and marvelous Love and Kindness. Gods always blessed me in worship. When I worship I can be completely in the spirit and its like another world to me. I always feel freed from whatever troubles I have and whatever things belittle me here in this world. The greatness of God fills me up and I can be his child on fire and ready for spiritual war. Worship should always be submissive to the Almighty God but we don't have to bow down to song leaders or the institute of modern worship. Gods not an institute. Because Jesus is the Prince of Peace and he's how we can worship its his name we can be known to God. Its the name of Jesus we have a way to worship the Living God. In fact Jesus is the Living God incarnate who died for our sins. So I like to think of that song which goes" When the spirit of the Lord moves in my heart I will sing like David sang" When the spirit of the Lord moves in my heart I will dance like david danced" I will sing, I will sing I will sing like david sang. I will dance , I will dance , I will dance like david danced. when the spirit of the Lord moves in my heart I will fight like david fought. I will fight, I will fight , I will fight like david fought.
This song is one I always refer to when I am bothered about culture or about the ways of mankind on earth. I can think of David and his way to worship. His way was really the way he learned by faith in God from God. He learned from the spirit. I pray anyone reading this will learn from The Holy Spirit how to worship God and be blessed with a life of worship.

There is alot to worshipping however its not what we learn from words. Its what we learn from the spirit. Daniel worshipped in times of trouble and was delivered from a fiery death. Even the Angels worship God. Let the Lord open some windows to heaven for you in worship. Let him free you from youre chains.

27:51 -
And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.

Book of John
Chapter 10
10:7
So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

Psalm 99:5 (Amplified Bible)
5Extol the Lord our God and worship at His footstool! Holy is He!

Psalm 40:3 (Amplified Bible)
3And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.(

But as for me, I will enter Your house through the abundance of Your steadfast love and mercy; I will worship toward and at Your holy temple in reverent fear and awe of You. Psalm 5: 7


Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name. Bring an offering and come before Him; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness and in holy array. 1 Chronicles 16: 29


Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; meditate on and talk of all His wondrous works and devoutly praise them! 1 Chronicles 16: 9


O fear the Lord, you His saints ! For there is no want to those who truly revere and worship Him with godly fear. Psalm 34: 9

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34: 3


I will sing a new song to You, O God; upon a harp, an instrument of ten strings, will I offer praises to You. Psalm 144: 9


All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, and Your loving ones shall bless You 145: 10


God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth . John 4: 24

The secrets of his heart are laid bare; and so, falling on [his] face, he will worship God, declaring that God is among you in very truth. 1 Corinthians 14: 25


Give to the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness or in holy array. Psalm 29: 2


O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker . Psalm 95: 6


Let us therefore, receiving a kingdom that is firm and stable and cannot be shaken, offer to God pleasing service and acceptable worship, with modesty and pious care and godly fear and awe. Hebrews 12: 28


Moreover, when He brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He says, Let all the angels of God worship Him.
Hebrews 1: 6


The twenty-four elders prostrate before Him Who is sitting on the throne, and they worship Him Who lives forever and ever; and they throw down their crowns before the throne, crying out, Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive the glory and the honor and dominion, for You created all things; by Your will they were [brought into being] and were created. Revelation 4: 10-11


There shall no longer exist there anything that is accursed . But the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall worship Him .
Revelation 22: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment