Sunday, October 11, 2009

The eye of the needle

The eye of the needle.
...I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Matthew 19:24

I was told this scripture was reffering to a smaller entrance way to the temples they called the eye of the needle because in order for a camel to pass through they had to get it down on its knees(KIND OF LIKE A PERSON IN PRAYER) and pull the camel through inch by inch.


The person who told me was a theologian who worked at an electronics store then retired and became a christian counselor.


Never have I heard someone else speak of the eye of the needle as an entrance to the temple smaller than the main entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment