Thursday, October 15, 2009

1st book of Adam and Eve

This is a few passages from the the 1st book of Adam and Eve. This book isnt in the normal canon of any bible texts. In several chapters it speaks about the coming of the christ already in the days of Adam and Eve it was foretold of according to this book. If you have time I suggest reading this book at this website
http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/index.htm






CHAP. XIV.



The earliest prophecy of the coming of Christ.
THEN Adam said unto God: "O Lord, take Thou my soul, and let me not see this gloom any more; or remove me to some place where there is no darkness."
2 But God the Lord said to Adam, "Verily I say unto thee, this darkness will pass from thee, every day I have determined for thee, until the fulfilment of My covenant; when I will save thee and bring thee back again into the garden, into the abode of light thou longest for, wherein is no darkness. I will bring thee, to it--in the kingdom of heaven."
p. 13
3 Again said God unto Adam, "All this misery that thou hast been made to take upon thee because of thy transgression, will not free thee from the hand of Satan, and will not save thee.
4 "But I will. When I shall come down from heaven, and shall become flesh of thy seed, and take upon Me the infirmity from which thou sufferest, then the darkness that came upon thee in this cave shall come upon Me in the grave, when I am in the flesh of thy seed.
5 "And I, who am without years, shall be subject to the reckoning of years, of times, of months, and of days, and I shall be reckoned as one of the sons of men, in order to save thee."
6 And God ceased to commune with Adam.


chapter 39
10 Then Adam and Eve took of the corn, and made of it an offering, and took it and offered it up on the mountain, the place where they had offered up their first offering of blood.
11 And they offered this oblation again on the altar they had built at first. And they stood up and prayed, and besought the Lord saying, "Thus, O God, when we were in the garden, did our praises go up to Thee, like this offering; and our innocence went up to thee like incense. But now, O God, accept this offering from us, and turn us not back, reft of Thy mercy."
12 Then God said to Adam and Eve, "Since ye have made this oblation and have offered it to Me, I shall make it My flesh, when I come down upon earth to save you; and I shall cause it to be offered continually upon an altar, for forgiveness and for mercy, unto those who partake of it duly."
13 And God sent a bright fire upon the offering of Adam and Eve, and filled it with brightness, grace, and light; and the Holy Ghost came down upon that oblation.
14 Then God commanded an
p. 48
angel to take fire-tongs, like a spoon, and with it to take an offering and bring it to Adam and Eve. And the angel did so, as God had commanded him, and offered it to them.
15 And the souls of Adam and Eve were brightened, and their hearts were filled with joy and gladness and with the praises of God.
16 And God said to Adam, "This shall be unto you a custom, to do so, when affliction and sorrow come upon you. But your deliverance and your entrance into the garden, shall not be until the days are fulfilled, as agreed between you and Me; were it not so, I would, of My mercy and pity for you, bring you back to My garden and to My favour for the sake of the offering you have just made to My name."
17 Adam rejoiced at these words which he heard from God; and he and Eve worshipped before the altar, to which they bowed, and then went back to the Cave of Treasures.
18 And this took place at the end of the twelfth day after the eightieth day, from the time Adam and Eve came out of the garden.
19 And they stood up the whole night praying until morning; and then went out of the cave.
20 Then Adam said to Eve, with joy of heart, because of the offering they had made to God, and that had been accepted of Him, "Let us do this three times every week, on the fourth day Wednesday, on the preparation day Friday, and on the Sabbath Sunday, all the days of our life."
21 And as they agreed to these words between themselves, God was pleased with their thoughts, and with the resolution they had each taken with the other.
22 After this, came the Word of God to Adam, and said, "O Adam, thou hast determined beforehand the days in which sufferings shall come upon Me, when I am made flesh; for they are the fourth Wednesday, and the preparation day Friday.
23 "But as to the first day, I created in it all things, and I raised the heavens. And, again, through My rising again on this day, will I create joy, and raise them on high, who believe in Me; O Adam, offer this oblation, all the days of thy life."
24 Then God withdrew His Word from Adam.
25 But Adam continued to offer this oblation thus, every week three times, until, the end of seven weeks. And on the first day, which is the fiftieth, Adam made an offering as he was wont, and he and Eve took it and came to the altar before God, as He had taught them.



CHAP. III.


Concerning the promise of the great five days and a half.
GOD said to Adam, "I have ordained on this earth days and years, and
thou and thy seed shall dwell and walk in it, until the days and years
are fulfilled; when I shall send the
p. 6
[paragraph continues] Word that
created thee, and against which thou hast transgressed, the Word that
made thee come out of the garden and that raised thee when thou wast
fallen.
2 Yea, the Word that will again save thee when the five days and a half are fulfilled."
3 But when Adam heard these words from God, and of the great five days and a half, he did not understand the meaning of them.
4 For Adam was thinking that there would be but five days and a half for him, to the end of the world.
5 And Adam wept, and prayed God to explain it to him.
6 Then God in His mercy for Adam who was made after His own image
and similitude, explained to him, that these were 5,000 and 500 years;
and how One would then come and save him and his seed.
7 But God had before that made this covenant with our father, Adam,
in the same terms, ere he came out of the garden, when he was by the
tree whereof Eve took the fruit and gave it him to eat.
8 Inasmuch as when our father Adam came out of the garden, he passed
by that tree, and saw how God had then changed the appearance of it
into another form, and how it withered.
9 And as Adam went to it he feared, trembled and fell down; but God
in His mercy lifted him up, and then made this covenant with him.
10 And, again, when Adam was by the gate of the garden, and saw the
cherub with a sword of flashing fire in his hand, and the cherub grew
angry and frowned at him, both Adam and Eve became afraid of him, and
thought he meant to put them to death. So they fell on their faces, and
trembled with fear.
11 But he had pity on them, and showed them mercy; and turning from
them went up to heaven, and prayed unto the Lord, and said:--
12 "Lord, Thou didst send me to watch at the gate of the garden, with a sword of fire.
13 "But when Thy servants, Adam and Eve, saw me, they fell on their
faces, and were as dead. O my Lord, what shall we do to Thy servants?"
14 Then God had pity on them, and showed them mercy, and sent His Angel to keep the garden.
15 And the Word of the Lord came unto Adam and Eve, and raised them up.
16 And the Lord said to Adam, "I told thee that at the end of five days and a half, I will send my Word and save thee.
17 "Strengthen thy heart, therefore, and abide in the Cave of Treasures, of which I have before spoken to thee."
18 And when Adam heard this Word from God, he was comforted with
that which God had told him. For He had told him how He would save him.

CHAP. XXIV.


A vivid prophecy of the life and death of Christ.
TEN the merciful God, good 'and lover of men, looked upon Adam and
Eve, and upon their blood, which they had held up as an offering unto
Him; without an order from Him for so doing. But He wondered at them;
and accepted their offerings.
2 And God sent from His presence a bright fire, that consumed their offering.
3 He smelt the sweet savour of their offering, and showed them mercy.
4 Then came the Word of God to Adam, and said unto him, "O Adam, as
thou hast shed thy blood, so will I shed My own blood when I become
flesh of thy seed; and as thou didst die, O Adam, so also will I die.
And as thou didst build an altar, so also will I make for thee an altar
on the earth; and as thou didst offer thy blood upon it, so also will I
offer My blood upon an altar on the earth.
5 "And as thou didst sue for forgiveness through that blood, so also
will I make My blood forgiveness of sins, and blot out transgressions
in it.
6 "And now, behold, I have accepted thy offering, O Adam, but the
days of the covenant, wherein I have bound thee, are not fulfilled.
When they are fulfilled, then will I bring thee back into the garden.
7 "Now, therefore, strengthen thy heart; and when sorrow comes upon
thee, make Me an offering, and I will be favourable to thee."

No comments:

Post a Comment